VICE PRESIDENT HUMAN RESOURCES
LOCATION – HENDERSON, KY
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Big Rivers Electric Corporation is a member-owned, not-for-profit, generation and transmission cooperative (G&T) headquartered in Henderson, Kentucky. We provide wholesale electric power and services to three distribution cooperative members across 22 counties in western Kentucky. The member cooperatives are Jackson Purchase Energy Corporation, Kenergy Corporation, and Meade County Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation. The three member-owners of Big Rivers serve more than 116,000 members.
Employees are the most important asset at Big Rivers as the workforce is the backbone of any successful company. We are proud of our employees for making Big Rivers one of the top generation and transmission cooperatives in the country. Our dedicated and loyal team has enabled our organization to be a top performer in multiple categories over the years, especially when it comes to safety. By keeping every employee safe, focused and motivated, we improve morale, instill employee confidence in their ability to achieve success in our mission and continue serving our member cooperatives with excellence.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Vice President Human Resources reports directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer and is a strategic business partner and key member of the Senior Management Team. The position is responsible for all Human Resources related activities including: Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Labor Relations, Compensation and Employee Benefits (Health & Welfare, Pension Programs & Wellness). In addition, this position is also accountable to oversee the Corporate Property & Casualty Insurance Program, Corporate Safety Program and Corporate Recordkeeping. Reporting to the Vice President Human Resources is the Director – Human Resources, Manager of Talent Management, Benefits & Pensions Manager and the Corporate Safety Manager.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully understand the short and long term strategies of the business and be able to develop and execute on a people strategy that integrates with the overall business strategy.
- This is a high visibility role that will entail monthly presentations to the Board of Directors, as well as regular presentations to various employee groups within the business.
- Big Rivers has an excellent working relationship with our union leadership and this position must maintain that relationship even through sometimes difficult conversations and negotiations.
- Big Rivers thrives on a culture of safety and has been awarded more Governor’s Safety and Health awards than any other company in the state of Kentucky. This position supports that culture through safety leadership initiatives as well as their own safety behaviors.
- Provide direction, guidance and decision making concerning the wide variety of benefit programs offered by Big Rivers. This includes health insurance, pension programs, educational assistance as well as other benefits. Initiates programs such as Wellness to help offset the rising cost of health care. Ensure our pension programs, both Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution programs remain healthy and cost effective.
- Big Rivers is faced with significant attrition due to upcoming retirements and this position must lead all Talent Management initiatives including performance management, leadership development and succession planning through structured talent review days.
- Analyze HR data (demographics, health & welfare, compensation) to drive decision making.
- Key competencies include: Strong business acumen, trust & integrity, strategic orientation, ability to influence, drive for results, excellent communication abilities.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, HR Management or a closely related field of study. Certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) is a plus. Qualified candidates will also need to have a minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in managing teams with a strong preference for experience in a unionized heavy industry company. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and have the ability to present information to all levels in the organization. Strategic thinking and the ability to put strategy into action is critical.
October 6, 2017 through October 20, 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter referencing the position title to BigRiversVPHR@bigrivers.com. The cover letter should address your skills and qualifications necessary for success in this role.
ASSOCIATE TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
LOCATION – HENDERSON, KY
The Associate Technical Solutions Architect is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of organizational software applications and upgrades to existing applications. The individual has a strong background in software application design and possesses a proven ability to manage complex software project deliverables as defined by end user teams within the company. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide company project teams through issues related to the development and deployment of mission-critical information software systems. The Associate Technical Solutions Architect must be able to articulate understandable technical information to both business and technical users and must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with company IS/IT users.
Qualified candidates send resume to email@example.com – include job title & number. Deadline to apply is 10/27/17. No third parties, no phone calls accepted. EOE/M/F/D/V
When applying, please email your resume and cover letter referring to the position job title and job number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is company practice that we only accept resumes for current posted positions. Please watch for job advertisements in your local newspapers, on Monster.com, Facebook and Twitter, or at your state’s Department of Employment Services for job opportunities that may become available.
You will be contacted by the Big Rivers Electric Corporation Human Resources Department if your qualifications appropriately match those of the open position for which your resume was submitted. We only accept resumes when we have a current opening. Jobs are posted as they become vacant.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Big Rivers Electric Corporation.