Big Rivers Electric Corporation and the three member cooperatives are members of Touchstone Energy.
The Touchstone Energy Cooperatives brand represents a nationwide alliance made of more than 660 local, consumer-owned electric cooperatives in 46 states. Touchstone Energy co-ops collectively deliver power and energy solutions to more than 30 million members every day. Electric cooperatives distribute power for 75 percent of the U.S. land mass over 2.4 million miles of power lines.
Electric cooperatives were established to provide electricity to rural America, and now make up the largest electric utility network in the nation. Touchstone Energy is the national brand identity for that network.
Did you know Electric Cooperatives…
- Are located in 80% of the nation’s counties
- Are the largest electric utility network in the nation
- Total more than 930 local systems in 47 states
- Have 40 million member-owners
- Distribute power over 2.4 million miles of line
- Serve 75% of the U.S. land mass
- Own $97 billion in generation, transmission, and distribution assets
Visit Touchstone Energy online for more information.