As a Member-owned generation and transmission cooperative based in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Big Rivers Electric Corporation is a jurisdictional electric utility regulated by the Public Service Commission of Kentucky (“the Commission” - Commission Homepage). In general, the Kentucky Revised Statutes (“KRS”) and the Kentucky Administrative Regulations (“KAR”) define the Commission’s regulatory authority.
This regulatory webpage provides access to documents relevant to the Commission’s regulatory authority, to Big River’s present tariff on file with the Commission, and to information regarding Big Rivers’ principal proceedings currently before the Commission. Should you have any comments or feedback regarding this webpage, please e-mail them to email@example.com with a subject of Regulatory Webpage Feedback.
If you prefer, you may mail those comments to:
Big Rivers Electric Corporation
ATTN: Rates and Tariffs
P. O. Box 24
Henderson, KY 42419-0024
[Please note: Accessing the information below will require Adobe Acrobat© and sufficient memory capable of opening files approaching 200 +/- MBs.]
Commission’s Regulatory Authority
The links below provide access to KRS Chapter 278, KRS Chapter 279, and 807 KAR Chapter 5. These sites are maintained by the Legislative Research Commission of the Commonwealth of Kentucky (“LRC”). The LRC is solely responsible for these sites. Should any conflict arise between the wording of any hardcopy of a statute or regulation, and these electronic versions, the electronic versions will take precedence.
Residential Customers' Bill of Rights
Residential customers of regulated public utilities in Kentucky are guaranteed certain rights. The Customer Bill of Rights is located on the Commission’s internet website. (Customer Bill of Rights).
Big Rivers Present Tariff
Big Rivers present tariff is on file with the Commission. You may access by clicking the link below.
Big Rivers Tariff Filings
On October 18, 2019, Big Rivers electronically filed an Application which, among other things, requests the Commission to approve a new Large Industrial Customer Expansion tariff schedule (“LICX Tariff” or “Rate Schedule LICX”). The LICX Tariff was filed with an indeterminate Issue Date and Effective Date. The Commission may adjust the tariff language as proposed; it will ultimately determine Rate Schedule LICX’s Issue Date and Effective Date. The docket is Case No. 2019-00365.
On February 28, 2020, Big Rivers filed an application with the Public Service Commission which would, among other things, amend Big Rivers’ MRSM – Member Rate Stability Mechanism. As part of that filing, Big Rivers is required to post an electronic copy of its Customer Notice. You may access that notice by clicking the following link: CN 2020-00 - Electronic Customer Notice. The PSC has assigned Case No. 2020-00064 to this application. The entire application may be viewed under the ‘Commission Records’ listing on the Commission’s website.
Big Rivers 2020 Environmental Compliance Plan Filing
On February 7, 2020, Big Rivers filed its 2020 Environmental Compliance Plan Application with the Public Service Commission. As part of that filing, Big Rivers is required to post an electronic copy of its Customer Notice. You may access that notice by clicking the following link: CN 2019-00435 - Electronic Customer Notice. The Case No. 2019-00435 and the entire application therein may be viewed on the Commission’s website using that case number.
Big Rivers Proceedings before the Commission
The lists below provide information about the principal proceedings before the Commission which involve Big Rivers. For more recent cases, these links only provide access to major document within each proceeding. They do not include access to all motions, orders, petitions, and other documents. For older cases, a generic link to the listed case number provides a complete listing of all publicly available documents in the proceeding. One may access additional information using the Commission’s Non-Electronic Case Docket (http://www.psc.ky.gov/Home/Library?type=Cases) and the case numbers below.
- Big Rivers MRSM Tariff Filing
- 2013 General Rate Case
- 2012 General Rate Case
- 2011 General Rate Case
- Fuel Adjustment Clause (FAC) Reviews
- Environmental Surcharge (ES) Reviews
- Finance Applications
- DSM Tariff Filings
- Integrated Resource Plans
- Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) Cases
- Nucor Corporation excluding Transmission Line CPCN
- Administrative Cases
Big Rivers MRSM Tariff Filing
- Application – Filed February 28, 2020
- Responses to Initial Information Requests – April 3, 2020
- Supplemental Responses to Initial Information Request – April 15, 2020
- Responses to Supplemental Information Requests – April 24, 2020
- Responses to Various and Sundry Information Requests – May 22, 2020
- Response to Staff’s Information Requests from May 28 Informal Conference
- Supplemental Direct Testimony
4. Big Rivers Fuel Adjustment Clause (FAC) Reviews
For information regarding FAC Reviews prior to December 31, 2012, send an e-mail with subject line ‘Pre-2013 FAC Reviews’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Six-Month FAC Review (Case No. 2020-00009)
Six-Month FAC Review (Case No. 2019-00231)
Two-Year FAC Review (Case No. 2019-00007)
Six-Month FAC Review (Case No. 2018-00221)
Six-Month FAC Review (Case No. 2018-00023)
Six-Month FAC Review (Case No. 2017-00287)
- Responses to 1st PSC Staff Requests
- Revised Response to Item 7 of 1st PSC Staff Requests
- Responses to KIUC Information Requests
- KIUC Intervenor Testimony
- KIUC Intervenor Testimony Workpapers
- Big Rivers Rebuttal Testimony
- Responses to PSC Staff Request from October 16, 2017 Hearing
- KIUC Post-Hearing Brief
- Big Rivers Post-Hearing Brief
- Commission Order dated February 2, 2018
5. Big Rivers Six-Month Environmental Surcharge (ES) Reviews
For information regarding ES Reviews prior to June 30, 2011, send an e-mail with subject line ‘Pre-2011-06-30 ES Reviews’ to email@example.com.
Two-Year and Six-Month ES Reviews (Case No. 2020-00144)
Six-Month ES Review (Case No. 2019-00172)
Six-Month ES Review (Case No. 2018-00338)
Six-Month ES Review (Case No. 2018-00338)
Six-Month ES Review (Case No. 2018-00163)
Two-Year and Sixth-Month ES Review (Case No. 2017-00345)
Sixth-Month ES Review (Case No. 2016-00368)
Sixth-Month ES Review (Case No. 2016-00124)
6. Finance Applications
- Big Rivers Finance Application (Case No. 2020-00129)
- Big Rivers Finance Application (Case No. 2017-00281)
- Big Rivers Finance Application (Case No. 2017-00243)
- Big Rivers Finance Application (Case No. 2014-00423)
- Big Rivers Finance Application (Case No. 2013-00125)
- Big Rivers Finance Application (Case No. 2012-00492)
- Big Rivers Finance Application (Case No. 2012-00119)
7. Big Rivers DSM Tariff Filings
8. Big Rivers Integrated Resource Plans
2017 Integrated Resource Plan (Case No. 2017-00384)
Discovery Responses – Filed July 20, 2018
Discovery Responses – Filed September 14, 2018
Intervenor Comments – Filed October 12, 2018
9. Big Rivers Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) Cases
Meade County-Brandenburg Steel Mill Transmission Lines (Case No. 2019-00270)
Meade County-Brandenburg Steel Mill 345 kV Transmission Line (Case No. 2019-00417)
2020 Environmental Compliance Plan (Case No. 2019-00435)
10. Nucor Corporation, excluding Transmission Line CPCN (Case No. 2019-00270)
Nucor Service Agreements and LICX Tariff (Case No. 2019-00365)
Nucor Service Territory Resolution (Case No. 2019-00370)
11. Administrative Cases